simh, professional 350, 380

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Sep 25 09:11:11 CDT 2019

> On Sep 25, 2019, at 2:35 AM, emanuel stiebler via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On 2019-09-24 23:22, Eric Smith via cctalk wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 6:29 AM emanuel stiebler via cctalk <
>> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I saw an old version from 2006 as "xhomer" which emulates the
>>> professional 350. Was there anywhere a version, which emulates the 380
>>

>> I used to work at the same company as the author. He didn't own a 380 and
>> had no real interest in it.
>
> If you know him,
> could you ask him if his xhome could be integrated into the main SIMH git?

I know that, as it stands, it cannot be integrated because the license conflicts with the  current SIMH license.  (Actually, it also conflicts with the -- different -- license of the SIMH rev he used as the starting point, which is interesting.)

This is the issue I raised before.  I got back an answer along the lines of "I'll consider that" but did not hear further.  If he's willing to change the license on his code to match the SIMH license, I'd be happy to take on the merge.

	paul