Info on testing vintage power supplies

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Mon Sep 2 11:35:17 CDT 2019

Can anyone here provide a pointer to info on testing vintage power
supplies? Search results on the web may eventually lead to the kind of
info that I am looking for, but I have to get through too many pages of
modern PC power supplies first.

Specifically, I will be testing the power supplies in my Sun 3/260,
which has 24V, 12V and 5V. I am wondering things like what is suitable
loads and do I need to put a load on all three or can I test them one at
a time and what I haven't thought of with regards to testing them.

alan