IBM 1500 [was RE: Vintage Computer Warehouse Liquidation]

Rich Alderson RichA at livingcomputers.org
Mon Oct 28 14:14:27 CDT 2019

From: William Donzelli
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:45 PM

> PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

>> I have been unable to find anything about the 4505 display station. Does
>> anyone know any details about this item? It resembles an IBM 2260, but the
>> keyboard is not built-in, as in the 2260.

> I think it may be for an IBM 1500, the educational system based on an 1130.

The 1500 I worked with at the University of Texas School of Education was based
on an 1800 (which is of course the same architecture as the 1130, but in highboy
industrial cabinetry rather than a desk.  Coursewriter II and APL\1500 for the
educational software, FORTRAN II and assembler for background tasks.

                                                                Rich