DIBOL manual

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Oct 13 13:47:04 CDT 2019

On 10/13/19 10:35 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> I recently picked up a copy of "CTS-300 - DIBOL Language Reference Manual"
> (because when I went to do a CHWiki page for the language:
>
>   http://gunkies.org/wiki/DIBOL
>
> I could find almost nothing about it online); does anyone have enough of a use
> for this that I should put it in the high-priority scan list?

There's a DIBOL self-instruction book on bitsavers:

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp8/dibol/DEC-08-WDRA-D_DIBOL_Programming_A_Self-Instruction_Manual_Sep1970.pdf

Calling DIBOL "COBOL-like" is stretching things quite a bit.  I suppose
that the original idea was to get some sort of business HLL going on a
PDP-8, but no COBOL programmer would recognize the language.

--Chuck