Compaq Floppy/Printer board?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Nov 29 18:03:16 CST 2019

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Anders Nelson via cctalk wrote:
> Hi all, I found this while throwing away e-waste at my old place:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/R8xUxYijf1AYHNB38
> Is it of any use to anyone? Need to know by Sunday.

One of the early Compaq ones.  360K.  Although while that board was
current, the PC-DOS format was 160K, followed by 320K.  You can do 720K,
of course.
TWO drives.    I thought that I remembered a version of it with a DC37 for
external drives, but I might have put in a 5150 board for that.

Has a real NEC 765 chip.  It is unlikely to be able to do FM nor 128 byte
per sector MFM, and has a nice long blind spot after indes pulse (making
some complications with reading the first sector of track of some formats)