Who changed the gravitational constant (Dec pdp11 stuff)

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Fri Nov 22 13:16:58 CST 2019

I do not remember these RL02 drives being this heavy.....

https://i.imgur.com/7BwIwas.jpg

On a slightly more interesting note it looks like I only have RL02
drives (3) and do not have any RL01 drives. That could be a problem if I
want to re-load Cobol 81 onto this RSTS/E system. However the RL02's
*should* allow me to reboot RSX11M 4.2 and repair the instance of RSX11M
4.0 that is on my Fujitsu drive (damaged).

Likewise my RT11 images might be on RL01. However I do have the Plessey
disk drive that emulated 4 RK05's on a fixed platter and a removable
platter disk subsystem (which uses disks that look like RL01's but are
*NOT* RL01's) and I *think* I had either RT11 with MUBASIC or a really
weird Gen of RSX11M and RT11. Though I'm not sure if RSX11M would run on
RK05's as boot devices (2.5mb of space)

The dig continues. This weekend I'll see if I can fire a RL02 up.