3270 controller simulation

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 18 11:39:31 CST 2019

On 11/18/19 10:12 AM, Dave Wade wrote:
> The free VM370 does not support SNA so for that you would need to convert
> from SNA 3270 back to channel attached protocol...

Okay.

Do you know what the proper, or any, name is for said channel attached
protocol?

> ... I suppose on reflection that’s do-able..
>
> If you needed to get screens into a System/36 which has an SDLC port
> but no ethernet.

Ah.  I hadn't contemplated a system with an SDLC interface but no Twinax
/ Token Ring / Ethernet.

> Real SDLC from the CISCO

Given your previous comment, this makes more sense.

Thank you for enlightening me.

> Well mine seems to have banished. I wonder if my wife hid it on purpose.

~chuckle~

"Yes dear" usually works well for me.  YMMV

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die