Question about modems

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Wed Nov 13 12:13:18 CST 2019

Not much in the manual.  I browsed it looking for anything about data
bits and stop bits. Nothing.

p1-2: ' Commands given to the Smartmodem must be ASCII coded at baud
rates between 110 baud and 1200 baud. Once 'on-line', any code at any
speed from 0 to 300 baud may be used.'

p 9-1 'Do not send any data to the Smartmodem while it is in local
command mode unless the data is intended to be a command. Random data
can confuse the baud rate detector and the command decoder giving
unpredicatable results.'

That is al lI can find i nthe manual.

cheers,

Nigel

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message