Raised Floors

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 22 23:03:04 CDT 2019

On 5/22/19 5:46 PM, Craig Ruff via cctech wrote:
> It was moderately open below the floor, there are columns that
> support the grid.

The raised floor at work has posts (I guess you could call them columns)
at the corner of every tile that run down to the floor.  This is why I'm
asking if the posts / columns that you're talking about were in a 2'x2'
grid or if that grid was supported by something else that had wider spacing.

> I looked, but I don't have a picture in the under floor
> area when I was up there years ago, and didn't see anything
> obvious on the NCAR or Wyoming web sites.

ACK

> There is a video at https://www.youtube.com/embed/u4H7U5Weopw that
> shows some of the support equipment briefly, but not the underfloor
> area.

That was … a different video.  I feel like it was more of a marketing
slick / public relations type thing.  There was exceptionally little
detail, and what I did see was massively watered down.  I feel like
technical terms were purposefully taken out of the video.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die