Raised Floors

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Wed May 22 06:02:49 CDT 2019

On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 10:34, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Halon should be completely and fully illegal in civilian installations.

In 1990 or 1991 I was inside a computer room when somebody
accidentally pushed an elbow into the fire emergency button.. and the
halon went off. Big room, many rows of tall racks. There were working
desks there too, so papers flew everywhere. I just ran for the
emergency exit door.
The folks in the roombs above later said they could feel the floor
coming up. This was a concrete building. All in all it was quite a
shocking experience.