M7264 Troubleshooting

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun May 19 23:09:15 CDT 2019

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 8:05 PM Mister PDP via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> After that, I decided to try and find out why the
> Run/Halt light was not coming on when I hit the switch. Looking at the H11
> schematics, the light relies on the SRUN signal coming off of the
> backplane. The problem I am currently facing is I cannot find where the CPU
> board generates the SRUN signal. If anyone who is more experienced that me
> knows how the M7264 generates the SRUN signal, that would be wonderful.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/1103/1103_Schematics.pdf

Page 27 of the PDF, LSI-11 CPU MODULE (K8) schematic
Grid position B1, the SRUN L signal is driven on to the backplane bus line AF1.

I have no idea how the logic works on the M7264 module that drives that signal.