"industrial" PDP-11

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:25:17 CDT 2019

Hey all,

I bumped into someone who has some early (mid 1970 on some of the photos
I've seen) PDP-11 bits - front panel and a handful of boards (the
backplane, PSU, rack, peripherals etc. are long gone). The front panel's
branded as "Industrial 11" though, which isn't something I've seen or heard
of before.

Address bus is 16 bits wide, and aside from the branding, the style appears
to be the same as an 11/05 or 11/10. Were there any differences to the
system internally though, or in the standard set of boards fitted, or was
the "industrial" aspect purely a marketing exercise?

cheers

Jules