Network cards and Win98SE

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue May 14 04:26:10 CDT 2019

On 13/05/2019 23:47, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> On 5/13/19 3:58 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> I don't want to get into a long discussion; I merely wanted to point
>> out that you're unlikely to find the term "gaming adapter" in Linux
>> tech docs as they're not written for that audience.
>
> You /might/ not find the term in a Linux tech doc.  But I'd be somewhat
> surprised if you didn't.

Hmm.  I've been a network manager for over 20 years, supporting tens of
thousands of staff and students at a university where there's a lot of
gaming activity and I've never heard the term gaming adapter before.

The term could mean many things...

 > The first eight hits on a google search for "gaming adapter" are
 > directly relevant.

The first few hits I get refer to a USB device to connect to a console
to give it WiFi capability.  That's not what Charles described, and what
you referred to, which is a network bridge.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull