Network cards and Win98SE

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon May 13 18:37:06 CDT 2019

On 5/13/19 4:05 PM, Charles via cctalk wrote:
>> You could have installed a gaming adapter, opened the web page,
>> connected it to the wireless and been done.
>
> Sure, but you assume I know anything about online gaming (I don't); it
> would require purchasing one, *and* I already had the Linksys router and
> card, just gathering dust for years!

I guess it's a common human tendency to think that values that apply to
today's younger adults also apply to those of us in our "golden" years.

The last game that I recall playing with any frequency was Chess 3.0 on
a Cyber 74.   Other games over the years have held my interest for only
a couple of hours, tops.  For the last 30 years, I haven't even bothered
to look.

Fred, how about you?

--Chuck