Possible PUTR bug?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Fri May 10 10:28:46 CDT 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 05:06:45PM +0200, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
>On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 17:04, Charles via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> John Wilson confirmed that his program was designed to work with one floppy
>> and an HDD. He says strange things happen if one tries to use two floppy
>> drives instead... just as I found ;)
>
>Aha, OK. That's odd but if that's a restriction then fair enough.

The restriction isn't supposed to be only one FDD at a time (someone
please tell me if they're seeing that), it's that the FDC can't be shared
between the BIOS and PUTR's internal FDC driver.  So you *should* be able
to mount two different alien disks on two different FDDs, but you definitely
can't have one alien floppy *and* one DOS floppy.

(Sorry I missed this thread until now!)

John Wilson
D Bit