Service for converting CD-ROMs into ISO files?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun May 5 11:40:58 CDT 2019

On Sat, 4 May 2019, J. Peterson via cctalk wrote:
> I'm trying to avoid the actual task of loading the CD, waiting for the
> computer to read all the bits, eject the CD, rename the file, load the next
> CD, etc.
> I want to send a stack of disks someplace, have somebody else do that 3-4
> dozen times, and send the disks backs with a thumb drive containing all the
> ISO files.

3-4 dozen??!?
That does not sound amenable to find a service to send them to!

That sounds like "hire the neighbor's kid".
College kids will do anything for minimum wage.
While the disk is copying, s/he/it can also type in whatever metadata is
on the labels into a spreadsheet program for making a database.