VCF Southeast Photos

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Wed May 1 16:42:25 CDT 2019

It's a CM-2.  The problem with most CM-2s - aside not working in 2019 -
is most were never fully populated with card cages in all 8 hyper-cubes.
  That particular machine only has card cages in 2 of the hyper-cubes.
The other 6 are empty.  I'm not sure a machine with max 64K processors
was ever actually sold to a real customer.

The CM-2 in the photo has faux LED panels installed with LEDs spacing
that exactly matches the real CPU card stacks.  Each of the 4096 LEDs
are individually PWM'd and addressable.  The blinky pattern is generated
by a ESP32 which can also be WiFi and BT controlled.  Only pulls about
100 Watts with that pattern running.

The machine in the original Jurassic Park was a 're-arranged' CM-5.

-Alan