Byte Magazine

wrcooke at wrcooke.net wrcooke at wrcooke.net
Sun Mar 31 08:33:24 CDT 2019

> On March 31, 2019 at 4:37 AM Dave via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

>  You may want to take a look at the byte collection at the internet archive: BYTE Magazine : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive
> Comparing the first issue side-by-side, I think the Internet Archive version is a different scan.  It is better quality.  The letters have more uniform density than the American Radio History version. Also, they have a page of byte re-scans; I'm not sure what issues are addressed by the rescans. BYTE Magazine Rescans : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

HI Dave,

I do believe the main collection of Byte at the Internet Archive is the same scans as American Radio History, although they do appear to have been better processed.  But the worst problems, such as missing pages, still exist.  However, the rescans are much better from what I have seen.  I had found those when searching earlier, but had forgotten about them since the particular page(s) I was looking for (pg 96,97 of Jan 78) wasn't included.  The rescans seem to include 42 issues, one of which I had been looking for (Jul 79).

Thanks for searching those out and reminding about them.That certainly helps.

Will