Computervision CADDS distribution carts are weird

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Mar 27 17:04:02 CDT 2019

I ran into an interesting problem. Eric Smith's copytape program assumes two tape marks in
a row is logical end of tape and stops reading.
I've had problems with this before with MPE store tapes, because
they put two file marks at the start of tape so I just keep reading until
I get 10 errors in a row. That also lets me read anything after a logical EOT on 1/2" tape.

Well.. CV is even weirder. One some CV software distribution carts EVERY file has two file marks between them.

I don't expect anyone to have to archive any of these, but I wanted to get this written
down somewhere.