2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 18:07:33 CDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:35 PM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Yeah, got all that.  The problem seems to be init not finding them
> during the configure system stage.
>
> And even given the possible confusion over multiple TMSCP controllers,
> it doesn't explain why the second I add a TMSCP drive all the others
> seem to just go away in the eyes of 2.11.

Are you using the full $$$ version of E11, or the demo version?

I was going to experiment with multiple TMSCP controllers using SIMH,
only to realize that while it is built to support up to 4 MSCP
controllers, it is only built to support a single TMSCP controller.
Then I thought I would try E11 as I assumed it must support multiple
TMSCP controllers if you were trying it there. Gave it a try just now
with the demo version of E11 V7.3 only to realize that the demo
version supports only one of each disk/tape controller type. If you
are also using the demo version of E11 instead of the full $$$ version
then that would be a problem trying to experiment with 2.11BSD support
of multiple TMSCP controllers.

The only way I could try experimenting with 2.11BSD support for
multiple TMSCP controllers is with real hardware (unless I went down
the path of trying to figure out how to rebuild SIMH to support
multiple TMSCP controllers, has anyone already done that?)