Only never in Canada - dumb terminals

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 11:07:28 CDT 2019

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: Only never in Canada - dumb terminals

> On 3/23/2019 2:41 AM, Henk Gooijen wrote:
>> Would this be useful?
>>
>> http://geoffg.net/terminal.html
>>
>> Henk, PA8PDP
>
> It would be if it had RS232 rather than TTL? outputs.
> To source all that stuff with the high price of USA to Canada shipping
> it would be about $150? Canadian as a guess.

I'm just about to build one of those; looks like the cost will be more like C$40.00 including 9 extra PCBs.

As to RS-232, it can provide TTL or 0-3.3V 'pseudo-RS-232' which usually works in my experience, but if you need 'true' RS-232 there are tiny TTL<>RS-232 adapters on eBay for < $2.00

I believe Rich Cini built one; maybe he can add something