SCSI2SD: Is it worth a try?

Jim Stefanik jstefanikcctalk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:50:22 CDT 2019

I too have been using these for a few years; also on mostly 90s workstations and servers (Sun, SGI, Alpha, Apple, etc). I think I have about a dozen or so V5 boards.

I've not tried the V6, as I've heard numerous stories of poor compability.

The multi-mode emulation works fine. I booted my Sun SPARCStation 10 from a Solaris ISO using CD-ROM emulation mode and installed the OS onto an emulated HDD running on the same SCSI2SD.

---

Jim Stefanik
Dallas Vintage Computing Center