Tape reading question

Patrick Finnegan vax11.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 12:49:12 CDT 2019

Ah, interesting.

I've got a drives, but bad rollers (and one burned out EOT lamp to replace,
which is annoying but should be easy enough).

Any suggestions on sizes for the rollers? I have one that is starting to
go, and the other one is goo already.  I can probably guess at sizes but I
thought I should ask first.

I did think it's interesting that they used a SIO/2 in the system to read
the tape.  I think I realized it was 4 track NRZI encoded from the GEI
manual, but didn't realise that (older) QIC wasn't.

Patrick Finnegan