HP logic analyzer QFP132 interposer and DSD-4140 microcode ROMs

Joseph Zatarski jzatar2 at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 2 14:01:57 CST 2019

Hello everyone,

I've got two unrelated things I'm looking for:

The first is an HP logic analyzer interposer for the emulation adapter
for an MC68332. This would have a PGA socket on it, and sort of a
reverse socket for the QFP132 package (attaches to a chip from the top,
to interface to a chip soldered onto a board). I believe the part number
would be HP E3417A. I already have the QFP160 adapter, but the chip I
want to interface to is a QFP132. This adapter supposedly exists, but
I've had no luck trying to find it through the usual channels.

The second that I'm looking for, is if there's someone out there that
owns and can dump the microcode ROMs from a DSD-4140 QBUS floppy
controller. We've got a card here that's missing one of the ROMs, and
we're also not sure if the ROMs are mixed up, so a dump of all 4 ROMs
would be appreciated. They are 82S181, but they should read in any EPROM
burner with a breadboard and some wiring to adapt the pinout. Burning
them is another story, but we'll worry about that later... Here's a
picture of the card in question: https://i.imgur.com/tzYjPYF.jpg

And if anyone has one of these and is kind enough to dump it for us,
there's also an 82S137 on the card that probably deserves a dump as well.

Thanks,

Joe Zatarski