Anyone have an Ethernet interface card for an AT&T 730 terminal?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 15:21:22 CDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 12:17 PM Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I just finished taking pictures and dumping the firmware from a 730X
> terminal
> but it turns out it has a Starlan and not an Ethernet interface. It would
> be
> nice to get a firmware dump from an Ethernet card. A start of a 630 driver
> is
> in MAME.

Mine has a Starlan 10 adapter in it, which is apparently close enough to
twisted-pair Ethernet that it can be bridged with one of AT&T's Starlan
hubs, which is how I have it wired to my network.  I'll see if I can dump
the ROMs, but they're not socketed so it'll take a bit of surgery.  I also
have the ISDN adapter, which has socketed EPROMs.

- Josh