RSTS collection in the UK

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Tue Jun 25 22:08:00 CDT 2019

On 6/25/2019 8:00 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 6/25/19 5:35 PM, John H. Reinhardt via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I hope someone scans that RSTS/E documentation.  There isn't a lot of it available online.
> Seriously?
>
> I count 75 manuals under pdp11/rsts on bitsavers

Sounds like a lot, I know (and I've downloaded them all) but for all 3 versions of V06 (A/B/C) there are only 16 manuals total. Some are things like Runoff and TextEdit which are semi generic, but others like the Sysgen manual there is only V06A, nothing for B or C.  Same for the System Manager's Guide.  And the Install notes.  And so forth.  V7 is worse. V7.0 was a major, major change in RSTS/E and there are only seven manuals for it.  Only two relatively minor manuals for 7.2 and that's it.  V8 has only a beta level internals manual.  V9 has a good coverage but tht won't help you for earlier versions much.

This collection in UK manuals for version from 4a to 10.1 That's significant for a RSTS/E fan.  It could be hundreds of manuals total if each version released is represented.

John H. Reinhardt