Teletype 5620 schematics

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:47:51 CDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:00 AM Al Kossow via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> came across these this eve, probably only of interest to Seth, since he has one
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/att/5620/schematic

I have one too (from a friend who used to work in the Columbus Bell
Labs Operating System Group (cbosg)).  I found the read-through to be
quite illuminating, especially the detail on the keyboard circuit
(4800 bps TTL levels off one channel of the DUART).  I do have a
keyboard but this info makes it simple to contemplate a keyboard
adapter for those that do not.

Thanks for posting this, Al.

-ethan