In search of an ancient IEEE-754 floating point test suite

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Wed Jun 12 12:21:52 CDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019, at 9:28 AM, Seth Morabito via cctalk wrote:

> I will definitely dig around in here. Moreover, I'll try to get it
> compiled on the 3B2 emulator in its entirety so I can attempt to pass
> verification.

Unfortunately there is no obvious way to build the SVVS sources from the tape. No makefiles or build scripts that I could find after searching a bit. There clearly is support for  build and install system of some kind, because there are lots of definition files scattered around that would instruct a build system how to compile, but the build system itself is missing and/or undocumented, and the interpolated variable values (such as %COMP% and %OPTS% and so forth) are not obvious. I suspect the official SVVS documentation would reveal all, but I can't find it. Drat!

Nevertheless, there ARE useful bits of code in there that I can extract and build by hand, so I'm still very happy to have it.

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA