tape seals?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jun 7 21:06:24 CDT 2019

On 06/07/2019 01:06 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 6/7/19 8:25 AM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> My experience with them is that the seal bands are quite long-lasting,
>> but the black ends that snap in tend to crack after a while.  These
>> small parts could likely be reverse engineered and made on a 3D printer.
> That's *definitely* not my experience.  I don't think I've ever had a
> "hook" failure.

OK, my experience with 1/2" tape mostly ended about 20 years
ago, but I STILL have one shelf of tapes in my shop, and ALL
the seals are in excellent condition.  I have no idea why!
(But, mine are in a metal rack, not hanging.)

But, we did have some where the separate black ends that
formed the hanging hook and clamp broke.

Jon