Palm usage was Re: Modems and external dialers.

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jun 6 12:44:57 CDT 2019

> > ...I was never a big fan
> > of PalmOS, TBH. Too limited for me as a former Psion user, and the
> > Palm devices were always very tied to a PC -- they were meant to be a
> > way to take your Outlook (or whatever) address book and diary with you
> > in your pocket.
>
> Interesting view of Palm usage that I hadn't considered.
>
> > I didn't use Outlook or a desktop PC PIM at all.
>
> Nor did I.  When I carried a Palm Pilot every day, I was using UNIX
> 'mail' for work e-mail and did all local edits of my calendar on the
> Palm.  I did backup my Palm Pilot, to my Linux Laptop (I still have
> backups files from 1999 in an archive folder).

Not sure if this counts as "connected" but I used Palm Desktop itself for
my personal scheduling. I never used my Palms (an m505 and a Zire 72) for
E-mail, though. It did mostly note-taking, calendar and pharmacy work, and
some programming (in Plua).

-- If elected, I will win. -- Pat Paulsen for President -----------------------