Modems and external dialers.

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jun 5 13:06:44 CDT 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> One of my favourite things to do with its successor model (the Series
> 5) was pull up an address entry, and when someone pulled out a Palm
> Pilot and starting trying to scribble Graffiti into it, to stop them
> and transmit the contact to them by IRDA. Most Palm owners had no idea
> that their devices spoke infra-red and for them to get a whole contact
> instantly by wireless was deeply impressive to them.

I don't think that my Fossil (Palm-OS WATCH) does IRDA.
I should find somebody who will pay me money for such a piece of
crap^H^H^H^H NEAT technology.

NOTE:
I consider the OQOs (XP or Linux in a pocket; need to sell off of a bunch
of them), and the Fossil to be "Classic" even if they don't follow a
10-year/20-year/30-year guideline :-)