AlphaServer ES47 in Portland

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Tue Jun 4 14:50:48 CDT 2019

Actually, it’s tons of fun and was kinda one of my dream systems.  The system architecture is interesting and I have the NAT box to go with it and everything.  It has some fibre cards and a Gigabit Ethernet card too.

It’s very loud at startup, but it’s tolerable once it calms down.  Less noisy than my 1U Cisco fibre channel switch.

I don’t really want to sell it, but I will be moving soon, and as you pointed out, it is quite heavy.  Somewhere around 125 lbs.

-Ben

Sent from my iPhone