Scanning question (Is destruction of old tech docs a moral crime?)

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Sun Jul 21 05:16:17 CDT 2019

I'd suggest that in 2019 when bits are cheap and high-quality scanners
nearly as cheap, "crappy quality digital image" is a bit of a straw man.
Yes, I've seen plenty of barely-readable or practically unreadable scans,
but they were made years or decades ago.

What dpi qualifies as not "crappy"? 300dpi? 400? 600?