DEC MS630/M7609 Question

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 9 18:57:29 CDT 2019

On 09/07/2019 22:11, W2HX via cctech wrote:
> Hi there.
>

> I just acquired a board with the number M7609. It was advertised as an M630-CA which my research tells me is supposed to be 16MB. How do I tell on the board if this is 8MB or 16MB? There does not seem to be a suffix on the board that I can see.
>

> What to look for?

The simple answer is to install it in a uVAX2 system and see what it
says :-)

IIRC the M7608 comes in (at least) two variants, the MS630-BA, which is
2MB, and the MS630-BB, which is 4MB. I think that if you hold them side
by side, it's obvious one has half the memory positions not filled.

But the M7609 is an MS630-CA, which is always 8MB. There are various
suffixes to the MS7609 board, but they (I think) just tell you the
manufacturer of the RAM chips; the board is always 8MB.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
antonio at acarlini.com