early PDP-11/45 info sought

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Thu Jan 31 12:02:52 CST 2019

> On Jan 31, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Jay Jaeger <cube1 at charter.net> wrote:
>
> I am working on transcribing some DEC-O-Logs - more than are on
> bitsavers that relate to the KB11-A and its cards.

Oooh!  I'm excited again!  :-)

> In the process, I came across KB11A-B0008 - which indicates that NPG,
> PA, PB, LTC, ACLO, DCO and +15V are ALL missing in slots 26-28.  That
> FCO was dated SEP-72, and specifically mentions the DL11. I think you
> had mentioned that issue in another post.

Ah ha!  This jives with what I've seen on my backplane.  I eventually just put in a DD11 and walked away from slots 26-28, since I couldn't be sure how they were wired and what would work correctly in there.

> Also, I have at least two sets of DEC-O-Logs.  (JAN 86 and JUL 86) that
> cover the 11/45.  I would be happy to loan a set out to someone who
> promised to scan or print/scan a set.

I don't have any fiche gear, or I'd offer to help!  I do hope somebody will take you up on this.

> NOTE:  The M8110 looks like a mess - lots of ECOs that culminate in
> replacing with an M8120.  You might not want to use it, and just use
> other MS11s.

I don't actually have anything that uses the M8110; I am mostly interested in that one to understand how it co-evolved with the parity changes in the CPU (sometimes its easier to understand if you can see both sides).

   cheers (and thanks again!),
     --FritzM.