Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Fri Jan 25 15:58:00 CST 2019

Dear Richard,

Thank you for replying in such a considered way.  Please see below for
comments.

On 25/01/2019 00:07, Richard Loken via cctalk wrote:

> All of you have at one time expressed interest in all or part of this
> rack full of Alphaservers and one of you even talked about driving a truck
> up from Montana and taking it all home.

All I can think of at this moment is how beautiful it must be to go on a
road trip in Montana.

> Are any of you still interested?

I remain tremendously interested in learning about AlphaServers and
acuiring another one or two.

But I live in London, UK.  I was considering paying for the cheapest
slow seamail.  Other people have less crazy ideas.  I doubt that my idea
is appealing to Richard either.

> First priority goes to anybody willing to come up here and pick up all
> or part of the collection.  I will consider shipping if that is what it
> comes down to but the packing and transprotation will be expensive for
> the DS15 and extremely expensive for the other units.

>From reading the rest of this thread, it looks as though you've already
found your collector/s and arranged a date.

I'm very happy that these are going to a good home.  It's fabulous that
the flame is carrying on.

For future reference, if anybody sees AlphaServers or similarly
interesting hardware closer to home (UK or EU), then please do let me
know!  Thank you!!

Kind regards,

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9