CR11 M8290/M8291 difference??

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:59:38 CST 2019

IIRC, John McNamara designed the CR8/e and the two CR11 boards. My
recollection is based on the fact I picked up the last bit of CR8e
Initially, I think there were thought to be some differences in
"Punch" cards and timing, real holes and just the black marks.
That initial issue seemed to indicate two types of readers and
different timing.
I recall working with some card punch gear on the 8 or 11 attempting
to use the same cards.
That is about all I can recall but maybe that will spur some thoughts.