Hewlett-Packard 3000, 9000, Itanium (HP-UX & MPE/iX) Servers, Storage Arrays, Replacement Parts, Maintenance, & Disaster back-ups

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Tue Jan 22 08:03:58 CST 2019

Grant wrote...
---------------
Conversely "Hay everybody, check out what we have for sale this week!"
is not so cool.
</soapbox>

<PersonalHat>
I've dealt with Jesse before, at least I tried to. I needed a particular board that he had (part of a 12920 mux set) that has almost no commercial value. That board wasn't generally used under the more "still commercially viable" os's like rte. It was generally only used for HP TSB which isn't going to have commercial interest. He wanted somewhere around $1500 for it, and would not negotiate much really. ISTR that someone made mention that the stuff was pitched later, unsold. So sad.
</PersonalHat>

<ListOwnerHat>
I agree that the general introductory blast post was a bit over the top. But I don't think it's been posted here regularly, and vendors that obviously contribute here get a little leeway (Cindy). I figure some may not be familiar with Cypress/Dougherty systems so one intro email per six months or year doesn't bug me.  More often will draw some ire ;) If Dougherty Systems wants to participate in this mailing list, there needs to be some 'collector friendly' value, it's a two way street. I suggest that Jeff @ Cypress scan maybe a year of past postings by Cindy @ Electronics Plus, and emulate.
</ListOwnerHat>