seeking punched-card reader in Boston area

Guy Fedorkow fedorkow at mit.edu
Thu Jan 17 13:02:53 CST 2019

Greetings CCtalk,
  Does anyone in the Boston area know of a working 80-column
punched-card reader?
  I'm working with a researcher at Harvard who's come across some very
interesting election polling data from the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon race,
punched onto about 10,000 cards (five boxes).  That's too many for
manual transcription, but too few for an industrial-strength solution.
  The cards are in a professionally-managed university archive, so it's
not as easy as just throwing them in a shipping box and sending them off
to who-knows-where to be read.
  Some of the cards are in binary format, so I'm fine with some ad-hoc
Pythonic data massaging, if I can just get the bits read.

  If anyone in the Boston area has a machine they might be able to make
available, could you get in touch?
  That's fedorkow at mit.edu

  Thanks!
/guy fedorkow