Interest in a DiscFerret?

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Wed Jan 9 14:39:45 CST 2019

I had the bug to do something similar.. then I found SuperCard Pro.
It's closed hardware but the USB protocol is fully documented.  Because
if that, it's almost a perfect commodity turn-key hardware bridge to raw
flux-level transitions - in or out.  It's $100 and in-stock.  One could
always build custom hardware, but you'd wind up with something very
similar in hardware and protocol design.  What's your time worth?

The heavy lift is always in software.  There is an open-source Amiga
disk image utility package that has turned into something more
flux-level generic called Keirf Utilities.  And the built-in software is
also descent.  But since the USB protocol is documented, the hardware
capabilities can be extended by anyone.

-Alan