PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Mon Jan 7 13:59:14 CST 2019

> On Jan 7, 2019, at 6:29 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Try running your RSTS image on Ersatz-11, see if it's a simulator issue.

I’ll give that a go.

> And try bringing up Unix V6 on your machine ... I can help with providing the image, if needed.

I’ve thought about that; Unix V6 is actually next on my list of OS’s to try.  I think I have seen a fairly detailed set of instructions on building an image from this from the commonly available distribution tape.  But if you have an RK05 image already ready to go, go ahead and send it over and I’ll give it a try!

It wasn’t clear to me last time I looked that I could build V6 to run off a single pack without having a second RK05 drive and pack available for swap?

Day gig starts back up today after winter break, so less bandwidth for PDP-11 hacking now unfortunately!

  cheers,
    --FritzM.