ELTRAN THE COMPILER ANY DOCS? (NOT THE SEMICONDUCTOR STUFF!)))

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jan 5 12:10:04 CST 2019

Okay, I think I found the reference to it.

It turns out that it was a high-school student's project entered in the
"Fourth Annual Computer Programming Contest for Grades 7 to 12'.  To quote:

"The 1966 winner was William J. Elliott, a 12th grade student at West
High School in Minneapolis.  His project, ELTRAN, is an algorithmic
language compiler system for the UNIVAC 422 computer.  Until the
development of ELTRAN, no compiler existed for the computer."

See PDF page 10 here:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/computersAndAutomation/196701.pdf

--Chuck

P.S.  One of these days, I'm going to host a course on "how to use Google".