music dec tapes? (paper)

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:47:25 CST 2019

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019, 15:18 Adrian Stoness via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org
wrote:

> anyone seen these music tapes before i grabed  this trays for the oddnes of
> the content of these tapes? also apears to have the software to play them?
>

> https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-of-15-digital-decus-Paper-Tapes-w-Case/273628629483?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
>

> https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-of-8-digital-decus-Paper-Tapes-w-Case/273628539210?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
>
> would this be some weird synthy type thing?
> control points for the sound boaerd used for automation on some fancy desk?
> or somthing els?

Vince has a listing for some version of DECUS 8-152 on his website (
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/pdp8/src/decus/8-152/decus-8-152-lst.pdf).
I have reverse engineered it enough to have his version play a few songs.
However, it seems like there's a difference between the music tapes I have
and the listing he has.

I don't know what hardware was required of this software, but I suspect it
to be a DAC responding on address 055. This seems to match with an AA01
option.

Did you end up buying these tapes? I have digitized the music tapes I
bought from the seller and will post them soon. It would be excellent if
the buyer of this lot would do the same.

Musically,

Kyle