PDP-11/60 manuals needed

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Thu Feb 28 07:49:53 CST 2019

On 2/27/2019 1:37 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> Hi, does anyone have any PDP-11/60 manuals? I went to do articles on the
> -11/60 and its CPU (KD11-K), but there isn't much online.
>
> Bitsavers has EK-KD11K-TD-PRE, but it only covers the maintenance features,
> not the whole CPU; there is a tech manual - KD11K-TM-001 (I have it in fiche,
> but my fiche reader has a burned out bulb which I have not yet been able to
> replace, so it doesn't do me much good). There is a user manual for the
> FP11-E, which has a certain amount of useful details, but it refers to the
> technical manual, which is not there. And there's EK-11060-SV-01, which covers
> the cabinet and power supply.
>
> So if anyone has the general -11/60 manual, or the KD11-K tech manual, those
> would be super useful. The FP11-E tech manual would be nice to have, but isn't
> as important as the others.
>
> Thanks (I hope!)!
>
>        Noel

I have EK-11060-OP-003: "PDP-11/60 installation and operation manual"
and an update EK-11060-OP-C1.

Of course this is not the real technical manual that explains the
processor in detail, but it has the self-test error halts, boot
procedure, etc., which I expect would be handy.

I don't see this manual on bitsavers, so let me know and I will scan it
in and stick it on my Google drive in a day or two or three where you
and Al could snag the scan.

I also have a spare processor handbook, EB-06498-20/77, but it is in a
box in the garage, so I'd rather wait a week or two for warmer weather
to dig it out.  <shiver>

JRJ