IBM 3174 C 6.4 Microcode Disks?

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Feb 14 23:07:22 CST 2019

Jim,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 10:23:30PM -0600, Jim Stefanik via cctalk wrote:

> Simon Systems should be able to get you the microcode diskettes. I think
> they charged me around $35 USD when I bought in Nov. 2017.  Send them an
> email and let them know what you need.

Thanks!!  I'll check with them.

> On a side note, I may need to ping you off list...I've got an 11R and I'm
> curious if it can be converted to an 11L, since I'd prefer to channel
> attach it to my machine instead of use ethernet.

Now I'm curious, as others on the list might also be.  What machine do you
have with bus and tag channels to connect an 11L to?

Unfortunately I know nothing about converting an 11R to an 11L, or if it's
even possible.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.