PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Alan Frisbie frisbie at flying-disk.com
Thu Feb 14 12:24:36 CST 2019

Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have had an RK11-C for a long time that I've never tried to
> power up (I got an RKV11-D and used that on Qbus machines
> instead).

Wow, someone else with an RKV11-D!  I thought I was the only
person who had one.   I modified mine (using the dead bug
technique) to add 18-bit addressing instead of just 16, and
ran it successfully with RT-11 and RSX-11M on my 11/73 system.

I have had DEC people visit my place, look at the RKV11-D, and
say "DEC never made anything like that!".  :-)

Alan "and I don't exist either" Frisbie