Mounting HP7970e 9-Trk 1/2" Tape Drive

Alan Frisbie frisbie at flying-disk.com
Tue Feb 12 14:37:01 CST 2019

jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa) wrote:
>     > From: Alan Frisbie
>
>     > Harbor Freight sells a nice hydraulic lift table for under $200 that I
>     > have found very useful for that sort of thing. It doesn't go up very high
>     > (like for the top of a rack), but I used it with some wood blocks
>
> Thanks for the tip! I got one on sale for about US$140; it's _very_ sturdy.
> And the top is just large enough to hold two milk crates (available at
> Home Depot, BTW), so it's guite easy to build up a stack as high as one
> needs to reach the top of a 6' rack.

Thank you very much for the feedback -- it makes me happy when I
know that someone finds my suggestions useful.

I've used the milk crate technique myself, with a piece of sheet
metal on top to make it easier to slide the load off.  I hope you
secure such a stack tightly.  :-)  I used some of the inexpensive
1" wide Harbor Freight cargo straps.

Alan "You can't have too many clamps or straps" Frisbie