PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sat Feb 9 12:41:07 CST 2019

>> This seems the best place to start with the LA this weekend then.
>
> I'm going to respectfully semi-disagree! I think that at this point there's a
> good chance we can localize to within a gate or two before we start applying
> test instruments.

Oh, I agree completely, Noel.  I should have more precisely said "when/if we get to the LA this weekend, this seems the place to start."

If, as you are suspecting, we find damning evidence pointing specifically to the RK11, I'm going to want to watch it going about its business; the LA will be a good tool for that.

And yes, one of the beautiful things about these machines is how far you can get with just a set of extenders, a KM11, the front panel, and a 'scope.

  --FritzM.