P112

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Dec 4 09:10:11 CST 2019

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 01:06:39AM +0000, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> On 12/3/19 7:51 PM, Craig Ruff via cctech wrote:
> > Just in case someone else hasn't already responded, the P112 does not use DOS style fdisk partitioning for a hard disk. It is done in the BIOS image, and then the logical disks have to be initialized. This is described in the "P112 GIDE Construction.pdf" document.
> >
> > I've only used 3.5" floppies, which work fine. You can also attach a PATA CD-ROM drive and access disks with a program that escapes my memory at the moment.
> >

> Along this line I have solved one problem.  I mentioned INIT in
> RSX180 printing gibberish on the screen when trying to init a
> hard disk partition where it had worked on a floppy.  Problem
> was the size of the partitions.  I had tried just making one
> partition for the test I learned that FDISK will make partitions
> too big for any of the P112 OSes.  I now have a hard disk with
> 5 partitions to play with.  On to the  next problem.
>
> bill

I have a pair of P112 systems, both with GIDE interfaces, booting CP/M from
CF cards successfully. I have not done anything with RSX180 though.

I have been meaning to try and get one reading/writing 8", ideally 3270
format, CP/M floppies, but have not gotten around to working on this yet,
and have no idea how easy or difficult that might be.

When I put these together and was getting them working initially, Terry
Gulczynski was very helpful. See his site at http://www.stack180.com/
You may want to get the latest P112 ROM image and corresponding CF card
image from his site.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas <Mark at Misty.com>, KC3DRE