P112

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:06:39 CST 2019

On 12/3/19 7:51 PM, Craig Ruff via cctech wrote:
> Just in case someone else hasn't already responded, the P112 does not use DOS style fdisk partitioning for a hard disk. It is done in the BIOS image, and then the logical disks have to be initialized. This is described in the "P112 GIDE Construction.pdf" document.
>
> I've only used 3.5" floppies, which work fine. You can also attach a PATA CD-ROM drive and access disks with a program that escapes my memory at the moment.

Along this line I have solved one problem.  I mentioned INIT in
RSX180 printing gibberish on the screen when trying to init a
hard disk partition where it had worked on a floppy.  Problem
was the size of the partitions.  I had tried just making one
partition for the test I learned that FDISK will make partitions
too big for any of the P112 OSes.  I now have a hard disk with
5 partitions to play with.  On to the  next problem.

bill